MXD has been assisting Covenant Health to explore potential infill development opportunities on their South East Campus site, located in proximity to the Grey Nuns Hospital. The purpose of this project is to establish a Community Health Center for southern Edmonton, and to explore the public-private partnerships that would help fund this innovative and health-oriented community. Operating under the project name “Covenant wellness community”, this health and wellness hub will be the first of its kind in Alberta.
The Covenant wellness community (CWC) will be a community-based health and wellness hub that will serve Albertans for generations. This concept will provide a cost-effective means to address Grey Nuns capacity pressures, the needs of the southeast community and the growing needs of Alberta’s senior population.
The wellness community will include:
• A community health centre
• Multi-generational housing
• Integrated seniors’ continuing care centre
• Surgical services or expansion space (to be determined as needs are identified)
• Commercial buildings (to be determined as needs are identified)